The Employment Empowers program supports young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds who are looking for work.
Employment Empowers team
P | (03) 9340 3700
E | email@example.com
Our FREE program can help you find direct employment, a traineeship, an internship, or a paid work placement opportunity.
Young people in the program are supported by CMY staff and are matched with volunteer mentors who have years of Australian work experience. The Employment Empowers program is able to assist you with looking for work and writing a job application.
To be eligible for support through Employment Empowers, you must be:
- 18 – 24 years old
- From a refugee or migrant background
- Currently living in Melbourne
- Looking for work, a traineeship or an internship
What you can expect
- Engage 1:1 with a volunteer mentor who has work experience in Australia and is passionate about supporting you to succeed.
- Develop your skills in applying for jobs, including writing resumes, job applications and cover letters.
- Access valuable experience in a workplace, undertake an internship, or find employment.
- Gain support and advice from people with real experience, to find a job and succeed in your career.
How your mentor can support you
Our volunteer mentors are passionate about supporting young people to realise their potential. They understand that when you are just starting out, the process of finding a job can be daunting and at times really difficult. They want to support you by sharing the skills and knowledge they have gained through years of work experience in Australia.
As part of the program, you will receive 1:1 support from your mentor over a 12-month period. You can organise to meet at a time that suits you and you will be able to ask your mentor for help with whatever you are finding most challenging in finding a job. Your mentor will be able to offer practical guidance and support in how to create a resume, apply for jobs, and prepare for interviews.
Opportunities with our partners
We partner with a range of employers to continuously create more opportunities for young people to build their experience and skills. There are paid casual opportunities for young people in retail, hospitality, tourism, sport and recreation, administration and event management. The positions are available to young people, aged 18 – 24 years, from a refugee or migrant background, who are studying and/or looking for work. Many of the positions complement existing tertiary study. No previous work experience is required.
Get guaranteed consideration for the latest opportunities by applying to join the Employment Empowers program today.
Career Convo Webinars
The Employment Empowers team hosted virtual sessions each week to help young people:
- Make great career choices
- Stand-out from the competition
- Land jobs quickly
- Win more interviews
- Learn about emerging occupations
- Get their job search questions answered
Watch previous sessions here.