CMY is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
We love to hear from candidates who can demonstrate how their skills and experience show a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the young people we represent, and who can share their passion and motivation for ensuring young people are empowered.
How to apply
When applying for a job at CMY, the following documents must accompany all applications:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing each Key Selection Criteria.
Please submit applications in MS Word or PDF formats.
Only applicants that are successful in the shortlisting process will be notified by CMY, within two weeks of the application closing date.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Team Leader – Youth Leadership (CMY16)
CMY seeks a passionate and experienced professional to become the Team Leader of the Youth Leadership team. The Team Leader will is responsible for implementing a variety of projects in line with CMY’s strategic objectives, including increasing opportunities for multicultural young people to develop leadership skills, have their voices heard, contribute to civic life and build social cohesion.
The role includes leading and supervising teams of project staff to successfully deliver youth focused services and projects, and in supporting the Program Manager in the maintenance of stakeholder and community relations. The Team Leader will provide leadership, guidance and direction for a team dedicated to the leadership development of young people and occasionally involves direct project delivery in support of project staff.
CMY encourages applications from people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all of our stakeholders and create positive change across Victoria.
- Hours: 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE) , Part Time
- Fixed Term: until October 2021 (Parental Leave replacement)
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 6): $87,813 per annum (pro rata), plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home and it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate this. The successful candidate will participate in a comprehensive orientation and will be provisionally assigned any relevant equipment.)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00 pm, Monday 10 August 2020
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning Monday, 17 August 2020, with the position to commence at the start of October.
For further information, download the Position Description or contact Duré de Winter, Program Manager – Youth Leadership (03) 9340 3721.
Applications including your resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <insert your name> Team Leader – Youth Leadership CMY16.
From working directly with young people through intensive case work support, to creating leadership opportunities for young people to be heard, we are constantly looking for ways to put young people at the centre of this change-making process. CMY currently has partnerships with three universities to offer student placements. Find out more