CMY is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
We love to hear from candidates who can demonstrate how their skills and experience show a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the young people we support, and who can share their passion and motivation for ensuring young people are empowered.
How to apply
When applying for a job at CMY, the following documents must accompany applications:
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Document addressing each Key Selection Criteria mentioned in the Position Description (this can be detailed in your cover letter as well)
Please note, all applications documents must be in MS Word or PDF format.
Only applicants that are successful in the shortlisting process will be notified by CMY, approximately within two weeks of the application closing date.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
- Guidelines on how to write/ address the key selection criteria
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Talent Management And Development Officer (CMY321)
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
About the Role
CMY is seeking a Talent Management and Development Officer who will be responsible for supporting and implementing CMY’s Talent Management Strategy in line with CMY’s strategic plan and objectives.
This position will be a key partner in operationalising talent attraction and development, promoting new recruitment initiatives for growth and retention across the employee lifecycle at CMY.
In addition, this role will be responsible for overseeing the employment lifecycle, including recruitment, selection and appointment, onboarding, learning and development, employee separation and providing generalist people and key project support.
· Hours: 38 hours per week (1.0 FTE), Full Time
· Fixed Term: until 18 October 2024
· Base Salary (SCHADS Level 5 ) : $93,860 per annum plus Super and access to NFP Salary Packaging
(Salary Packaging is a great way to increase the value of your salary by allowing you to receive a portion of your income in the form of tax free or tax-deductible benefits.)
· Location: Carlton
· Applications Close: 5:00 pm, Thursday 7 December 2023
· Interviews: to be held in the week starting 11 December 2023
You will have:
· Experience working with people leaders on best practice recruitment and selection, including providing advice around talent acquisition, implementing talent management strategies, and managing talent pipelines
· Experience developing and delivering effective and engaging employee training
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Demonstrated organisational skills, ability and preparedness to work flexibly across a range of tasks as directed and capacity to work under limited supervision and to prioritise and plan workflow to meet deadlines
· High level written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to effectively liaise with a wide range of stakeholders including managers/supervisors, staff, internal and external stakeholders and consultants
· High level computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and experience working with HR systems and databases including HRIS, ATS & LMS
· Qualifications in Human Resources (or other relevant qualification) and / or an equivalent combination of relevant experience (3+ years) in a Talent Management / Development or similar role
For more information
· On CMY, visit http://www.cmy.net.au/about-us
· Contact person for the role: Robin Howard, on (03) 9340 3774
How to Apply
· Provide your updated resume / CV
· Provide a document outlining examples/a response addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. This can be included in your cover letter or a separate document.
· Documents must be in MS Word or PDF format
· For guidelines on how to apply for a job at CMY please read here
· For tips on how to respond to Key Selection Criteria, please read here : Careers Vic Gov – Guide
· Email the above documents to email@example.com using the subject line: <insert your name> CMY321
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
From working directly with young people through intensive case work support, to creating leadership opportunities for young people to be heard, we are constantly looking for ways to put young people at the centre of this change-making process.
CMY can assist youth sector organisations to create placement opportunities for students who are undertaking Youth Work, Community Services, Community Development, Communications and Marketing degrees and diplomas, to ensure they are able to do the 100 or 250 hours placement that they must undertake to complete their qualification.
If this is this something that your organisation may be interested in, find out more about student placements.