CMY is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
We love to hear from candidates who can demonstrate how their skills and experience show a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the young people we represent, and who can share their passion and motivation for ensuring young people are empowered.
How to apply
When applying for a job at CMY, the following documents must accompany applications:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing each Key Selection Criteria.
Please submit applications in MS Word or PDF formats.
Only applicants that are successful in the shortlisting process will be notified by CMY, within two weeks of the application closing date.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
National Manager MYAN (CMY210)
We are seeking a highly motivated, inspiring, skilled and experienced National Manager to lead MYAN in this very rare position opening. This is an exciting opportunity to lead MYAN as the national peak body in a role that offers rewards such as real social impact and change for young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
The role is responsible for leading MYAN, including policy and advocacy activities, youth-focused practices, strategic partnerships with state and territory partners, sector development initiatives, and managing government and community stakeholders as well as managing the MYAN team.
This is a Victorian based role, however there is a requirement for regular national travel including spending time in Canberra. Interstate applicants are welcome to apply.
- Hours: 38 hours per week (1.0 FTE), Full Time
- Fixed Term: until 30 June 2022
- Base Salary (individual contract) : $120,000 package per annum includes Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work both in the office and from home)
- Applications Close: 5:00 pm, Friday 29 January 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 8 February 2021
For further information, download the Position Description or contact Carmel Guerra, MYAN Chairperson on 9340 3700 or Marissa Phillips, CMY Executive Manager People & Culture on 9340 3732.
Applications including your resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to email@example.com using the subject line: <insert your name here> CMY210.
Multicultural Youth Worker – Navigator (CMY174)
CMY seeks a Multicultural Youth Worker, (located in Dandenong), who will provide individualised support and case management services to young people aged 12-17 years of age who have disengaged from education. Services and supports will include undertaking assessments, development and implementation of re-engagement plans, family and referral and outreach work. Through the services provided, the Multicultural Youth Worker will assist young people to remain in education or to reconnect back into education and training.
- Hours: 38 hours per week (1 FTE), Full Time
- Fixed Term: until 31 December 2022
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 4 ) : $72, 361 per annum plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Dandenong Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Friday 29 January 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning Monday 1 February 2021
For further information, download the Position Description or contact Bec Lean, Program Manager – South East on (03) 8594 1563.
Applications including your resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <insert your name> CMY174.
From working directly with young people through intensive case work support, to creating leadership opportunities for young people to be heard, we are constantly looking for ways to put young people at the centre of this change-making process. Find out more