Metro YAG is currently recruiting youth volunteers.
The YAG provides an opportunity for young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds to have input into CMY’s work, including program development and speaking on issues that should be at the forefront.
Views and ideas expressed by YAG members have been instrumental in the decision-making processes of CMY management and the Board.
Being a part of CMY’s YAG is a great opportunity for professional development. Youth Advisors will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and speak on key issues affecting refugee and migrant youth
- Advise CMY on creating responses to the issues affecting refugee and migrant young people
- Have the opportunity to help make a difference in how CMY does work; including contributing to program development and proposing new ideas
- Learn how a non-for-profit operates and work alongside CMY staff to facilitate key events and programs
- Speak at and/or attend CMY events and training sessions
- Develop personal networks and have some fun
The Youth Advisory Group is maintained with support of the Victorian Office for Youth.
Become a YAG member (now recruiting)
We’re currently looking for young people aged 16-25 from refugee or migrant backgrounds to fill new vacancies on our Metro YAG.
YAG members will meet monthly on the first Wednesday of each month. The placement is for two years, with a minimum of a one year commitment.
YAG members must also attend an initial overnight Orientation Retreat from Friday 26th March to Sunday March 28th. Please be available for this if applying.
Please read the Position Description before applying.
If you are aged 16 – 25 yrs, from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, and you are interested in becoming a member of the Metro YAG, please apply here.
If you have any questions or want to find out more, please contact Gemma Minuz, YAG Project Officer.
If you would like to arrange a consultation with members of CMY’s Youth Advisory Group, please contact the Youth Leadership team on email@example.com or call (03) 9340 3700.