We recognise young people as experts in our work to ensure they are understood, accurately represented, and influential in Australian society.
Our Youth Advisory Groups (YAGs) provide an opportunity for young people to build their advisory and advocacy skills and influence the work of CMY; including program development and speaking on issues that should be at the forefront.
Views and ideas expressed by YAG members have been instrumental in the decision-making processes of CMY management and the Board.
Being a part of CMY’s YAG is a great opportunity for professional development. Our Youth Advisors have the opportunity to:
- Identify and speak on key issues affecting refugee and migrant youth
- Advise CMY on creating responses to the issues affecting refugee and migrant young people
- Have the opportunity to help make a difference in how CMY does work; including contributing to program development and proposing new ideas
- Learn how a non-for-profit operates and work alongside CMY staff to facilitate key events and programs
- Speak at and/or attend CMY events and training sessions
- Develop personal networks and have some fun.
We recruit new Youth Advisors for our YAGs in metropolitan Melbourne and the regional areas of Ballarat/Wimmera and Gippsland, at the beginning of each year.
The Youth Advisory Group is maintained with support of the Victorian Office for Youth.
If you would like to arrange a consultation with members of our Youth Advisory Groups, please contact:
Ikram Mahamed | Project Officer
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
P | (03) 7065 6680