CMY is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
We love to hear from candidates who can demonstrate how their skills and experience show a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the young people we represent, and who can share their passion and motivation for ensuring young people are empowered.
How to apply
When applying for a job at CMY, the following documents must accompany applications:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing each Key Selection Criteria.
Please submit applications in MS Word or PDF formats.
Only applicants that are successful in the shortlisting process will be notified by CMY, within two weeks of the application closing date.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Project Support Officer – Youth Leadership (CMY215)
CMY seeks a Project Support Officer in the Youth Leadership team at CMY to support the planning, delivery and evaluation of youth leadership activities. The Project Support Officer will have a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved in outreach and events for a youth initiative of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Takeover Melbourne – that provides an unparalleled opportunity for teenage Melbournians to be heard and design a bright future for their city. In addition to this, the Project Support Officer will be responsible for promoting and coordinating a young people’s public speakers bureau and assist with the engagement, participation and support of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in volunteering, leadership training and capacity-building workshops.
- Hours: 30.4 hours per week (0.8FTE), Part Time
- Fixed Term: until 31 December 2021
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 3) : $62,738 per annum (pro rata) plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Monday 8 March 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 15 March 2021
You will have
- A passion for elevating the voices of young people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with diverse stakeholders including young people, school staff and community service providers
- Confidence in outreach work
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
For more information download the Position Description or contact Duré de Winter, Program Manager – Youth Leadership on (03) 9340 3721.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <Insert your Name> (CMY215) and include:
- A Cover Letter (in MS Word or PDF)
- Your updated resume / CV (in MS Word or PDF)
- A separate document (in MS Word or PDF) addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description.
For guidelines in how to apply for a job at CMY including how to address a Key Selection Criteria, please read here
Multicultural Youth Worker x 2 – CSG (CMY217)
CMY seeks two Multicultural Youth Workers who will work directly with South Sudanese young people, their families and the wider community to ensure young people are connected and engaged with their families, education and employment opportunities. These positions will be based in Brimbank and focus on youth outreach, support to young people through a combination of case management, sport and recreation activities and connecting young people to mentors and role models.
- 2 positions
- Hours: 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE), Part Time
- Fixed Term: until 30 September 2021
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 4): $72,361 per annum (pro rata), plus Super and Access to Salary Packaging
- Location: Brimbank with specific focus in Sunshine and St Albans
- Applications Close: Wednesday 17 March 2021, 12pm Midday
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning Monday, 22 March 2021
- This position is specifically for someone from the South Sudanese community, under Special Measures of the Equal Opportunity Act.
For further information, download the Position Description or contact Elizabeth Majok, Project Coordinator – Melton Brimbank CSG on (03) 93403755
Applications including your resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to email@example.com using the subject line: <Insert Your Name> CMY217
Working for Victoria initiative
The Working for Victoria (WfV) Fund is part of the Victorian Government’s $1.7 billion Economic Survival Package to address the impact of the COVID-19 crisis. The Fund supports the creation of new short-term roles, and has partnered with Sidekicker to support job seekers to find work. Find out more
From working directly with young people through intensive case work support, to creating leadership opportunities for young people to be heard, we are constantly looking for ways to put young people at the centre of this change-making process. Find out more