12 March 2024,
3:30pm — 4:15pm (45 mins)
Book now on eventbrite.com.au
Culturally Sustaining Schools Info Session – March 2024
Culturally Sustaining Schools workshop for Primary and Secondary Schools – free training
This FREE Information Session for school staff provides an overview of the approach taken in the Culturally Sustaining Schools training for those interested in organising training for school staff. Culturally Sustaining Schools is a half-day workshop for school staff that introduces a shared vision of teaching and learning that builds on student strengths, fosters positive identities, and sustains the diversity of cultures.
We all learn best in environments that draw on our background strengths. This workshop supports school staff to develop a shared vision of teaching and learning that builds on student strengths, fosters positive identities, and sustains the diversity of cultures within the school.
- The benefits of culturally sustaining schools
- Concepts of culture and identity
- Barriers to culturally sustaining schools
- Empowering student, family and community voice
- Engaging in cultural self-reflection
- Steps for building a shared vision of teaching and learning
NOTE: An email with the Zoom link will be sent two days before the session.