The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
Work with us
We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
Read The inside story: How to get a job at the Centre for Multicultural Youth on EthicalJobs blog, for insights into what we look for during recruitment.
CMY was Job Seeker's 'Organisation of the Month' in May 2017. Read more about what makes CMY a great place to work.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
When applying for vacancies at CMY, the following documents must accompany all applications:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing each Key Selection Criteria.
Please submit applications in MS Word or PDF formats.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- The relevant Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Accountant / Senior Finance Officer (CMY167)
CMY seeks an Accountant /Senior Finance Officer who will be responsible for supporting the finance team to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial systems and payroll information, whilst ensuring CMY is compliant with all legislative and taxation requirements. In addition, the role will be responsible for reporting and analysis support for CMY including the preparation of the annual budget, monthly financial reports and annual reports and audit.
- Hours: 0.8 FTE, Part Time
- Fixed Term: Part Time until 31 January 2020, with the possibility of extension
- Base Salary (SCHADS 5 to SCHADS 6) : $76,767-$83,742 annual salary (pro rata), Package (Base Salary + Super + Salary Packaging)
- Location: Carlton
- Applications Close: Monday 26 August 2019, 5:00 pm
For further information, download the Position Description: PD - CMY167 Accountant-Senior Finance Office - August 2019.pdf or contact Jessie Hao, Accountant on (03) 9340 3750.
To apply, email email@example.com using the subject line: <insert your name> - Accountant / Senior Finance Officer CMY167 and include:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the role.
- Your updated resume / CV.
- A document outlining your responses to each of the five key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description.