The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
Work with us
We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
Read The inside story: How to get a job at the Centre for Multicultural Youth on EthicalJobs blog, for insights into what we look for during recruitment.
CMY was Job Seeker's 'Organisation of the Month' in May 2017. Read more about what makes CMY a great place to work.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
When applying for vacancies at CMY, the following documents must accompany all applications:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing each Key Selection Criteria.
Please submit applications in MS Word or PDF formats.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- The relevant Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Project Officer – Youth Leadership x 2 (CMY151)
CMY seeks two Project Officers who will be responsible for the delivery of youth leadership activities with newly-arrived young people to support their settlement and leadership aspirations.
- Hours: 30.4 hours (4 days) per week, Part Time
- Fixed Term: Until June 2021
- Base Salary SCHADS 4: $66,788 - $72,657 per annum pro rata (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: Please indicate your preferred location at the top of the Key Selection Criteria page and Cover Letter
1 position - Narre Warren
1 position - Sunshine
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Monday 25 March 2019
For further information, download the Position Description: PD CMY151 Project Officer - Youth Leadership_Mar2019.pdf or contact Duré de Winter – Team Leader, Youth Leadership on (03) 9340 3721.
Email applications with the following documents to email@example.com using the subject line: Project Officer - Youth Leadership CMY151
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the role and your preferred location
- Your updated resume / CV
- A document outlining responses to each of the five key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description, and a mention of your preferred location at the top of the page.
Policy and Advocacy Officer - MYAN (CMY152)
Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network Australia (MYAN) seeks a Policy and Advocacy Officer who will take a lead role in MYAN’s policy and advocacy work. This is a dynamic national role working across sectors, and with a diverse work program.
- Hours: 30.4 - 38 hours (4-5 days) per week (negotiable)
- Fixed Term
- Base Salary (SCHADS 6): $81,292 per annum (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: CMY Carlton Office
- Applications Close: Midday12:00pm, Monday 1 April 2019
Visit https://myan.org.au/ for more information on MYAN.
Download the Position Description for more information on the role: PD CMY152_Policy and Advoacy Officer - MYAN_Mar2019.pdf or contact Nadine Liddy – National Coordinator, MYAN on 0437 897 178.
Applications including your cover letter, resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Policy and Advocacy Officer MYAN (CMY152).