The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
Work with us
We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
Read The inside story: How to get a job at the Centre for Multicultural Youth on EthicalJobs blog, for insights into what we look for during recruitment.
CMY was Job Seeker's 'Organisation of the Month' in May 2017. Read more about what makes CMY a great place to work.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
When applying for vacancies at CMY, the following documents must accompany all applications:
- Cover letter
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
Please submit applications in MS Word or PDF formats.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- The relevant Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Regional Administration Officer – NorthWest ,Youth Referral and Independent Person Program (CMY84)
CMY seeks to appoint a YRIPP Administration Officer based at Sunshine, who will be responsible for delivering high quality customer service and support to volunteers and stakeholders in addition to providing administrative support to a Regional Officer, including data entry and organising volunteer interviews, trainings and events.
- Hours: Part time, 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE)
- Fixed Term: until 30 June 2019 (Note: YRIPP has been delivered by CMY in an ongoing way for over 10 years; the contract time frame for this position will be extended subject to overall funding contract renewal, and pending successful probation period)
- Base Salary (SCHADS 3) : $55,742 pro rata plus (Super + Access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: CMY Sunshine Office
- Applications Close: Midday, Wednesday 31 October 2018
For further information, download the Position Description: PD CMY84 YRIPP Reg Admin Officer NW_Oct2018.pdf
Applications including your cover letter, resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to email@example.com using the subject line: YRIPP Regional Administration Officer - NW CMY84.
Various casual opportunities available for young people aged 18 - 24 from refugee and migrant backgrounds (Pathways)
- Paid jobs available with supportive employers
- Casual opportunities for two to six months in retail and hospitality
- Suitable for TAFE or university students, or those who have recently graduated.
Looking for a chance to gain real work experience and kick start your career?
We're inviting applications from young people aged 18 – 24 from migrant and refugee backgrounds who are looking for work. We want you to realise your potential and our team will provide guidance and support to help you land a job. We’re looking for applicants to fill a variety of roles, so if you are interested – apply now!
You will have
- Willingness to learn
- Strong commitment to gaining real work experience.
Apply today and the Pathways team will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your suitability.
Complete the online application form:
For further information, visit: