The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
Work with us
We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
Read The inside story: How to get a job at the Centre for Multicultural Youth on EthicalJobs blog, for insights into what we look for during recruitment.
CMY was Job Seeker's 'Organisation of the Month' in May 2017. Read more about what makes CMY a great place to work.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
When applying for vacancies at CMY, the following documents must accompany all applications:
- Cover letter
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
Please submit applications in MS Word or PDF formats.
Please refer to the following documents to assist with your application submission:
- The relevant Position Description for the job you are applying for; and
- Guidelines for applying for a job at CMY
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and shortlisted candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Administration Support Officer (CMY136)
CMY seeks an Administration Support Officer willing to commence in the position immediately.
Based in Carlton, this role works in collaboration with the People & Culture team and is responsible for delivering high quality, professional frontline customer service and support to all programs comprising CMY, including programs at satellite sites. Along with a range of administrative duties, the Administration Support Officer will be responsible for all aspects of the Reception including answering the telephone, forwarding messages, greeting visitors to CMY and responding to email enquiries.
If you are looking for an opportunity like this, however are unable to work four days a week, please still apply!
Applications from candidates interested in working a component of the total hours (30.4 hours a week), will be accepted
- Hours: 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE)
- Position available for job share (negotiable). Please indicate your preference of hours on your application
- Fixed Term: Three months with the possibility of extension
- Salary (SCHADS 2 ) : $26.04 per hour
- Location: CMY Carlton
- Applications Close: Midday, Monday 1 October 2018
For further information, download the Position Description: PD CMY136 Admin Supp Officer_Sept 18.pdf or contact Rita Di Mauro - Office Manager (03) 9340 3723.
Applications including your cover letter, resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to email@example.com using the subject line: Administration Support Officer CMY136.
MY Education Project Officer (CMY64)
CMY seeks a Project Officer who is responsible for ensuring effective delivery of Learning Beyond the Bell (LBB) and CMY’s component of Refugee Education Support Program (RESP) across the South East region of Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne.
- Hours: 30.4- 38 hours per week (0.8 FTE- Full Time)
- Fixed Term: Until December 2019
- Base Salary (SCHADS 5): $72, 301 pro rata plus (Super + Salary Packaging)
- Location: CMY Casey Office
- Applications Close: 9:00 am, Monday 8 October 2018
For further information, download the Position Description: PD CMY64 MYEdu Proj Off_Sep2018.pdf or contact Katherine Sciglitano or Amalia Fawcett – MY Education Program Leaders on (03) 9340 3731.
Applications including your cover letter, resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: MY Education Project Officer CMY64.
Regional Administration Officer - Youth Referral and Independent Person Program (CMY84)
CMY seeks to appoint a Youth Referral and Independent Person Program (YRIPP) Administration Officer who will be responsible for delivering high quality customer service and support to volunteers and stakeholders. This position will be responsible in providing administrative support to a Regional Officer, including data entry and organising volunteer interviews, trainings and events.
- Hours: Full time , 38 hours a week
- Fixed Term: until 30 June 2019 (Note: YRIPP has been delivered by CMY in an ongoing way for over 10 years; the contract time frame for this position will be extended subject to overall funding contract renewal, and pending successful probation period)
- Base Salary (SCHADS 3 ) : $55,742 plus (Super + Salary Packaging)
- Location: Dandenong / Casey
- Applications Close: Midday, Monday 8 October 2018
Applications including your cover letter, resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to email@example.com using the subject line: Regional Administration Officer -YRIPP CMY84.
Various casual opportunities available for young people aged 18 - 24 from refugee and migrant backgrounds (Pathways)
- Paid jobs available with supportive employers
- Casual opportunities for two to six months in retail and hospitality
- Suitable for TAFE or university students, or those who have recently graduated.
Looking for a chance to gain real work experience and kick start your career?
We're inviting applications from young people aged 18 – 24 from migrant and refugee backgrounds who are looking for work. We want you to realise your potential and our team will provide guidance and support to help you land a job. We’re looking for applicants to fill a variety of roles, so if you are interested – apply now!
You will have
- Willingness to learn
- Strong commitment to gaining real work experience.
Apply today and the Pathways team will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your suitability.
Complete the online application form:
For further information, visit: