Speak Up contributes to CMY’s strategic objective that young people are understood, accurately represented and influential in Australian society.
With meaningful youth participation at the heart of this project, Speak Up will provide a platform for inclusion of young people’s perspectives and solutions, through supporting them to mobilise and contribute to gender equity and violence prevention amongst peers and the broader community.
The project will be delivered in metropolitan Melbourne and the regional area of Ballarat. From these areas we aim to recruit young people from multicultural backgrounds, and through the design and delivery of activities, empower them to stand up and speak out to inform and educate their peers and communities about gender equity and the prevalence, nature and root causes of family violence.
Become a Speak Up Volunteer
We’re currently looking for young people aged 16-30 from refugee or migrant backgrounds to co-design and deliver this new program, which aims to promote gender equity among multicultural young people in Victoria.
- An opportunity to come together with passionate, like-minded young people
- Have your say in creating a new program that will work towards improving gender equity
- Be recognised for your leadership, share unique identities and experiences, learn about gender equity and promote awareness and solutions to other young people
- Meet weekly or fortnightly as a team and attend training and information sessions
- All volunteers will learn and develop expertise in the area of gender equity and domestic and family violence
The program will run for a year and 8 months until December 2023.
Who can apply?
Young people aged 16-30 years old and who:
- Have a refugee or migrant background (including young people born in Australia with parents/carers with a refugee/migrant experience)
- Able to attend meetings on a regular basis (weekly or fortnightly)
- Committed to addressing and advocating for gender equity, especially within refugee and migrant communities
- Willingness to consult with wide numbers of young people and key stakeholders
- Analytical and problem-solving skills in order to provide feedback
- In line with Victorian Government Vaccination requirements, the successful applicant must be fully vaccinated with a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence of COVID 19 vaccination prior to commencement.
If you have any questions or want to find out more before applying, please contact:
Zoraida Salazar | Senior Project Officer
E | email@example.com
M | 0487 097 014