Explore supports a partnership between young people and researchers in order to enhance the relevance and responsiveness of research (and post-research interventions) to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Explore members undergo training to develop facilitation, research and co-design skills and knowledge, and introduces young people to a range of tools that promote youth participation in research. Members will work with researchers to deliver workshops that will inform a research agenda looking at youth, diversity and wellbeing in a digital age. Paid opportunities will then be sought for members to engage directly within research projects.
CMY will support Explore members’ engagement throughout the project, providing ongoing access to opportunities for the development of skills and networks.
Explore is a great opportunity to further develop and practice research and advocacy skills. Members will have the opportunity to:
- Meet and consult with young people and relevant stakeholders on a broad range of issues
- Identify and speak on key issues affecting refugee and migrant youth
- Provide advice to CMY and partners on responses to the issues affecting refugee and migrant young people
- Directly contribute to research and propose new ideas
- Be involved with an extensive network of research and advocacy professionals
- Speak at and/or attend events and training sessions, including regular meetings
Gemma Minuz | Project Officer
E | email@example.com
P | (03) 9340 3700