A whole-of-community approach to anti-racism, inclusive of First Nations and people from migrant or refugee backgrounds.
By whole-of-community we refer to engaging all levels of sectors, ensuring consistent messaging. CSUTR builds on the understanding that everyone, club officials, staff, coaches, referees, teachers, students, parents and young people, have a part to play in challenging racism in their communities.
This is a multi-site based project offering workshops and events for schools, sports clubs and community organisations.
This is a groundbreaking partnership between the Centre for Multicultural Youth, the Koorie Heritage Trust and the Immigration Museum.
CMY will be offering free workshops to Morwell schools, sport clubs and the community around cultural awareness, allyship, upstander/bystander behaviour, how to have difficult conversations, anti-racism, identity and belonging. The goal is for young people and community members to lead initiatives developing meaningful, consistent and sustainable anti-racism messaging to their communities.
F school staff:
- Workshop part 1 – Policies and Culturally Responsive Practices
- Workshop part 2 – How to have conversations about racism
- Workshop – Anti-racism and How to be an ally
- Workshop – Culture Makers Lab
- Workshop – Exploring Identity and Belonging
- Excursion to the Immigration Museum including a free guided tour
For parents and the school community:
- Presentation on how to have conversations with your family about racism
For sport clubs
For club committees, coaches, umpires and volunteers:
- Workshop – Culture in your club
- Workshop – Anti-racism and how to be an ally
- Presentation – How to have conversations with your family about racism
Schools Standing up to Racism
A collaboration between the CMY and the Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET), offering a range of resources to support schools to address racism and discrimination in their school environment.
Game Plan Resource Kit
The Game Plan Resource Kit provides information and ideas to support sports clubs to increase their cultural diversity– to attract and retain young people and families from migrant and refugee backgrounds as members, players, coaches, trainers and leaders.
For enquiries, contact:
Julia Rovery | Project Officer
E | email@example.com
P | 03 7065 6602