17 March 2020
CEO message: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic
During this period of uncertainty and heightened levels of stress in our community, I wanted to assure you that while CMY continues to operate, our first priority remains the health and wellbeing of our employees, volunteers, and the clients and communities we support.
With yesterday’s announcement by Premier Daniel Andrews of a four-week State of Emergency declared due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are following the latest Government advice and adapting our programs and services where necessary. We have in place a number of measures to ensure all of our staff, volunteers and clients are safe within the environments in which they work or visit.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of young people and staff alike, we have made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone all CMY events during the four-week State of Emergency. We believe we can all contribute to slowing the spread of the virus in Australia, and postponing or cancelling events where possible is the only responsible way forward. We thank you for your understanding and ask that you please follow our website and social media channels for the latest info on upcoming events.
In addition to these measures, we are:
- Monitoring the health and wellbeing of our team, and supporting working from home arrangements where necessary, if team members are required to self-isolate.
- Working closely with our funders and stakeholders regarding program delivery impacts and determining changes to programs and services.
- Undertaking business continuity planning to ensure our ongoing operations and to support our employees and clients.
- Encouraging good hygiene practices across the organisation, and increasing the frequency of offices being cleaned to protect employees and visitors.
We can all work together to contribute to slowing the spread of COVID-19 in Australia. It is important to make yourself aware of the symptoms, and what to do if you have concerns about your health or those close to you.
See the following resources for more information:
- COVID-19 – Frequently asked questions – Australian Government Department of Health
- Self-assessment for risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) –Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services
- Translated resources – coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) please self-isolate and call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days – on 1800 675 398.
For the latest advice on COVID-19, please refer to the following sites:
- The Australian Department of Health advice can be found here.
- The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services advice can be found here.
If you have any questions about CMY’s operations during this period, please contact us during business hours on (03) 9340 3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that many people in our community are feeling anxious and overwhelmed right now. As we continue to navigate the rapidly-changing environment of COVID-19, it is important we focus on the facts.
We encourage you to please stay across the latest updates, take care of yourselves and look out for one another, especially those in our community who are considered most at risk. If we respond with knowledge, calm, compassion and empathy, we will get through this challenging time together.