We’re investing in multicultural young people to lead, create and deliver projects to drive social change.
Adopting a co-design process, and over a 6-month period, CMY will support a team of young people to conceptualise and design a youth-led unit that is integrated within CMY.
The proposed unit will work with and for multicultural young people to lead, create and deliver projects to drive social and other change-making.
Join our Youth Panel
We’re looking for Expressions of Interest from critical thinkers with a passion for change-making, to join our Youth Panel.
Youth Panel Members will be multicultural young people who are 30 years and under. Members will work closely with the Project Lead within a co-design process to identify, concept-test and propose a model for a youth-led unit that is integrated within existing CMY organisational structure. The process will culminate in a business case proposal to be put before the CMY Board.
For insight into how co-design process is applied in a youth context, please see:
- YACVic’s article Building an inclusive youth sector together
- Ingrid Burkett’s An Introduction to Co-design
Youth Panel Member Responsibilities
- 6-month commitment (meetings estimated to be fortnightly to monthly, depending on the stage of the process).
- Attend meetings, actively participate and promptly communicate issues and concerns.
- Manage own professional and other commitments with commitment to the project.
As a Member you are expected to actively participate in, and contribute to, a co-design process that is underpinned by:
- Commitment – to the co-design process; to youth-led approaches and shared outcomes.
- Expertise – acknowledge that participants bring knowledge and rich experience to the process.
- Excellence – striving for excellence in our approach, our example and what success looks like.
Key skills & experience
- Critical thinking, strategic leadership qualities and a passion for change-making and opportunities for multicultural young people.
- Exceptional inter-cultural communication and people skills.
- Experience of working in groups and collaborative processes for shared outcomes.
- Cultural alignment with CMY values, vision and mission.
- Experience in co-design processes and understanding of the concept of youth-led activities are highly regarded.
How to apply
Submit your Expression of Interest by completing the form below by 12pm, Monday 23 November (extended).
Applicants are required to provide a summary (no more than 850 words) outlining your skills, knowledge and experience and why you should be considered for the Youth Panel Membership.
Some tips on writing your EOI
You should take into consideration the key skills and experience required for the role when drafting your response. In thinking about how you could tell your story, and why you would be a great candidate for the position, consider:
- Your strengths and provide specific examples in relation to the key skills and experience required (see above).
- What makes you want to join the team – give us a sense of who you are and your journey (past, present, future)
- How your contribution will enhance the project, its objectives and outcomes.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Minh Nguyen | Senior Manager, South-East Region
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
M | 0421 192 010