WANT TO BECOME A SHOUT OUT SPEAKER?
Are you a young person from refugee or migrant background and passionate about creating positive change?
We want to hear from you!
CMY is looking for young people to join our Shout Out program!
• Develop your profile as a public speaker
• Share your experiences and perspectives
• Inspire Others and Create Positive Change
• Shift the Public Discourse
Open to young people aged 18-25 from migrant or refugee backgrounds, who:
- Want to share their experiences and opinions
- Feel passionate about issues affecting young people
- Are available for speaking opportunities during business hours
- Want to build their public and professional profile
**We are particularly encouraging young people from refugee backgrounds to apply
Positions are limited! Applications close at 5pm on 5 March 2019.
For inquiries, contact Shabnam Safa on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9340 3761
What is Shout Out?
Shout Out is an innovative leadership program that trains and nurtures young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds to share their experiences and perspectives on issues they are most passionate about with a wide variety of audiences. While there are many specialist voices willing to talk about youth issues, we think it’s often more insightful and meaningful to hear from the real experts – young people!
By training young people in public speaking and connecting them to speaking opportunities at a range of public forums, Shout Out empowers and enables young people to be active citizens and actively promote positive perceptions of young people as respected and influential members of our communities.
What is involved?
Shout Out involves an initial intensive training weekend that will cover topics such as leadership, storytelling, professionalism and self care as public speakers, followed by a presentation afternoon where speakers will have an opportunity to present to CMY staff and leadership team, ongoing speaking opportunities, individual speaker support, regular catch-ups and professional development.
When and Where?
The training program and speaker catch-ups will be held at the Centre for Multicultural Youth, 304 Drummond St, Carlton.
Applicants will need to be available on the following dates in order to be accepted into Shout Out:
- 18th – 22nd March: Informal Interviews held
- Fri 5th, Sat 6th & Sun 7th April: Intensive training workshops
- Tuesday 9th April: Speaker presentations to CMY Staff
- From the month of May onwards, speaking opportunities will begin and provided on an ongoing basis around Melbourne.
Shout Out is expanding with a Mental Health specialisation!