Amplifying the voices of young people in mental health.
REVERB is a co-design project with young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds, which aims to address the stigma surrounding mental health. REVERB will amplify young people’s voices, share their lived experiences to encourage young people to seek help and practice positive wellbeing.
CMY, mental health services and young people will co-design and co-facilitate safe and culturally relevant conversations through workshops with young people, community members and mental health services providers. The place-based workshops share lived experiences of overcoming ill mental health and provides practical, participant-led strategies that encourage better mental health outcomes for young people.
REVERB is supported by Gandel Philanthropy.
Who runs the workshops?
Our workshops are co-designed and facilitated by young people from multicultural backgrounds.
How long do the workshops go for?
We can be flexible to your needs but our workshops usually run for 60-90 minutes.
What will the workshops cover?
- Stories from young facilitators about overcoming poor mental health
- Conversations about stress and anxiety and how we respond to both
- Introductory strategies for young people to connect, reflect and process emotions
- Interactive activities that teach young people about the psychological, social, physical and spiritual elements of well-being
- Local support services and self-care resources and activities available to young people
What do we mean by ‘place-based’?
Our workshops are designed to incorporate local services and resources that young people can easily access. We do the research for you by promoting local youth friendly places, resources and activities for self-care and mental health support.
What will we provide?
The workshops are FREE and you get:
- Two youth facilitators to deliver the workshops
- One to two staff members (depending on size of group) to be present at the workshop and follow up with students
- All workshop materials and resources
Jess Case | Project Officer
E | email@example.com
M | 0475 400 883