"Every small action starts a chain reaction”
We’re currently looking for any young people aged 12-25 years living in Victoria to attend workshops delivered across the state to help initiate change in the community.
Young Initiators uses experiential activities, group discussions, social media and self-reflection to explore leadership, diversity, values, empathy and different ideas about community.
Graduates of the 3-day workshops will have the opportunity to apply for a paid position on a youth-led project team to make a positive change in the community.
All participants of Young Initiators will be able to connect through a social media campaign and a state-wide unconference in April 2020.
What is it?
- Three-day workshops held in different locations around Victoria
- Youth-led projects
- State-wide unconference
- Social media campaign
Who can be involved?
Any young person living in Victoria aged between 12-25yrs who is:
- Open to hearing the experiences of other young people
- Willing to try something new
- Able to commit to the 3 day workshop
Why do it?
- Explore how the concepts of values, diversity and participation build community
- Develop skills in leadership, self reflection, social media and innovation
- Meet and connect with other young people from different backgrounds and experiences from across the state
- Opportunity to apply for a paid position on a youth-led project team
- And of course, eat good food, have fun and start a chain reaction!
When and Where?
- Melton: Thursday 11 – Friday 12 April, 10am - 4pm | Venue: Dunvegan Cottage, Melton (opposite skate park)
- Bendigo: Monday 15 – Wednesday 17 April, 10am - 4pm | Venue: Dudley House, Bendigo
- Narre Warren: Tuesday 16 – Thursday 18 April, 10am - 4pm | Venue: Casey Youth Hub, 52 Webb Street, Narre Warren
- More locations to be announced soon!
For more information, email your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org or call and chat with the Young Initiators team on (03) 9340 3700.