The Department of Education and Training is holding an information session about Victoria’s government education system. Parents and other members of the community interested in education are invited to attend and will have the opportunity to ask any questions they may have about government schools in Victoria.
Speakers will include representatives from the Department of Education and Training, as well as, local government schools and CMY's Shout Out speaker Cammy Lu.
Cammy Lu is from Saigon with a Vietnamese-Chinese heritage. She is passionate about youth empowerment, human rights and environmental activism. Through her work, she hopes to share her own experience of migration and help inspire young people to use their experience to strengthen themselves and use their hardships as a driving force for a better future. She is currently finishing her Bachelor’s of Teaching and is keen to work with the community on improving issues of intergenerational gap and domestic violence.
• Light refreshments will be provided
• Childcare available for children 0 to 6 years old
• Interpreters available if required
• An information session for young people aged 10 to 17 years will be held in the same venue at the same time.
RSVP by Friday 24 August 2018.
Call 03 9340 3764 or text 0403 869 232.
• The number of people attending
• If you need childcare
• If you need an interpreter
• If you have a child 10 to 17 years who would like to attend the information session for young people.
This information session is being coordinated in partnership with the Centre for Multicultural Youth.