6 October 2022,
10:30am — 3:30pm (5 hours)
Level 5 Conference Centre 121 Exhibition Street Melbourne VIC 3000
Book now on eventbrite.com.au
2022 CMSport Vic Forum: Reflecting community. Connecting community.
An in-person forum to advance action in improving access and belonging for multicultural Victorians in sport and active recreation.
Join Hon. Ros Spence MP (Minister for Youth, Community Sport, Multicultural Affairs, and Prevention of Family Violence), Azmeena Hussain OAM (Director at Football Victoria and prominent social justice advocate) and an expert panel for discussions and two interactive workshops about improving access and belonging for multicultural Victorians in sport and active recreation.
Expert panel announced!
People with lived experience discussing engaging multicultural communities in sport and physical activity:
- Amran Ibrahim – Bachar Houli Foundation, Program Coordinator
- Ramzi Hussaini – Life Saving Victoria, Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
- Clinton Meehan – Helping Hoops, Executive Director
Interactive workshops that will workshop engaging strategies including:
- Australian Sports Commission (ASC) using the newly released Sport Volunteer Coalition Action Plan to workshop innovative ways to recruit and retain multicultural volunteers
- Victoria University delivering a collaborative workshop that focuses on re-engaging networks through research, practitioner and community perspectives.
Date: 6th October 2022
Time: 10:30am – 3:30pm
Location: 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
Morning tea and lunch provided!
Arrive at 10:30am for morning tea, with an 11am sharp start.
RSVP ASAP to avoid missing out. Limited places available!
We have some complimentary tickets available to community organisations that are not able to purchase a ticket. Please contact us for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is hosted by CMSport – an initiative of Centre for Multicultural Youth – and is supported by funding from the Victoria State Government.