CMSport is a Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) initiative aiming to drive social change through sport.
CMSport is a leading service provider with over 30 years of experience in diversity and inclusion assessment and training, coaching and mentoring, and consulting support in the Australian sports sector.
We understand the need for sporting organisations around Australia to strategically engage – to turn inclusion into a competitive advantage and connect meaningfully to our growing multicultural communities. We also understand the power of sport for connecting diverse peoples.
That’s why we help bridge the gap between the sporting world and Australian multicultural communities, providing deep knowledge, breadth of expertise, and lived-experience of multicultural communities and their needs.
What do we do
We offer training, tailored courses and workshops, organisational or program audits and reviews, consulting services, program design and delivery, and much more.
We will work alongside you to:
- Identify opportunities for you to create cultural inclusion
- Design strategies tailored for your organisation and communities
- Connect you with the lived experience of people within Australia’s many multicultural communities
- Provide coaching and mentoring to your people, from leadership teams through to operational staff
- Develop internal processes that support staff and sporting participants to contribute
- Facilitate partnerships between local service providers, local government and sports and recreation providers
- Broker relationships and partnerships between the sporting sector and multicultural communities
- Identify outcome measures to ensure all strategies uphold your journey toward inclusion.
Who we work with
We work with any sporting organisation seeking to be more diverse, equitable and inclusive of multicultural communities.
We have experience supporting national sporting organisations (NSOs), state sporting organisations (SSAs), and regional sports assemblies. We’re also well-versed working with local clubs and leisure centres.
What drives us
We well know that sport connects diverse peoples. Through sport, great change can occur.
That’s why we’re passionate about helping boost the capacity of Australian sporting organisations to engage with our many multicultural communities.
Our vision for the future is an Australian sporting culture that is equitable, inclusive and free from racism.
Our mission to realise this vision is to support the cultivation of equitable and inclusive sporting organisations through the provision of highly valuable and informed diversity and inclusion training and consulting services.
What choose CMSport
CMSport is the go-to agency for guidance, resources and support for cultural inclusion in the Australian sporting sector.
Through CMY and now CMSport, we hold over 30 years of experience delivering a range of inclusive sport and active recreation related projects and programs, working alongside sporting organisations and multicultural communities towards shared outcomes.
Connect with us to discuss how we can help you increase cultural inclusion.