The Centre for Multicultural Youth’s Sport Connects program works to improve the social connections of multicultural communities in Brimbank through sports.
CMY works alongside key partners to provide vulnerable communities with links to more established local communities, sports clubs and activities.
SPORT CONNECTS TARGETS:
• Disengaged communities (due to language, cost, transport and parental support barriers)
• Newly arrived communities
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
• Support, information and tips for joining a local sporting club
• Linking of communities to resources, activities and their local clubs
• Tips on how clubs can be more inclusive of culturally diverse communities
• Sporting activities in collaboration with Brimbank City Council and other local non-government organisations
• Workshops to build capacity in sporting clubs, including information on accessing grants and organising projects focused on sports.