The Department of Education and Training is holding an information session about Victoria’s government education system. Parents and other members of the community interested in education are invited to attend and will have the opportunity to ask any questions they may have about government schools in Victoria.
Speakers will include representatives from the Department of Education and Training, as well as, local government schools and CMY's Shout Out speaker, Mehak Sheikh.
Mehak is a passionate, proactive and motivated young woman, who moved to Melbourne with her family in 2012. As a psychology student, Mehak is interested in behaviour and wants to work with children, young people and businesses. She has the drive to help those around her and engage with the community, which influences her to volunteer in various programs and sit on several committees that work on advocacy, community engagement and arts/events. Some of her other passions include cultural diversity, education and empowerment, health and community engagement.
• Light refreshments will be provided
• Childcare available for children 0 to 6 years old
• Interpreters available if required
• An information session for young people aged 10 to 17 years will be held in the same venue at the same time.
RSVP by Friday 3 August 2018.
Call 03 9340 3764 or text 0403 869 232.
• The number of people attending
• If you need childcare
• If you need an interpreter
• If you have a child 10 to 17 years who would like to attend the information session for young people.
This information session is being coordinated in partnership with the Centre for Multicultural Youth.