Personal information is collected only when you:
- Send us a message (e.g. in the contact us section)
- Use one of the site’s submission forms
- Request to sign up to our newsletters
- Request to obtain resources such as publications and or other material
- Complete the feedback section
- Apply for a job with us
Protection of personal information
CMY will take steps to ensure that personal information if and when required, is securely collected and free from loss, misuse and unauthorised access. All personal information collected is only kept and used for the purpose for which it was collected. We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent, except if required by law.
This privacy statement does not extend beyond this website. When linking to other sites from this website, we recommend that you read the privacy statement of that site to familiarise yourself with its privacy principles.
The principles that support the work that CMY does is based on principles included in the ‘Code of Ethical Practice - A First Step for the Victorian Youth Sector’.
While we take all steps to ensure your privacy is protected, in certain circumstances, if your communication with us raises safety concerns we will try to contact you to check that you and or others are safe. If necessary, we may need to pass on your contact information (if you have supplied it) to authorities who can help protect you and or others, such as a crisis service or the police. Where possible we will work with you openly, letting you know if our concerns reach the point where we need to involve other services.
We are obliged to try to protect you and/or others if the information you submit tells us that:
- you are being seriously hurt by someone else
- you are thinking of seriously harming yourself
- someone else is being, is likely to be, seriously hurt by you or another person