We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In-line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
CMY is Job Seeker's 'Organisation of the Month'!
READ MORE about what makes CMY a great place to work.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
Project Officer – Alumni Initiative (CMY108)
- Casual (Approximately 7.6 hrs per week)
- SCHADS Level 3 ($34.08 per hour including casual loading of 25%)
- Located at CMY Carlton office
CMY’s Youth Leadership team is looking for a Project Officer to facilitate the development of a CMY Alumni Initiative for young people who have participated in CMY youth leadership and capacity-building programs.The project will run from January to June 2018 and the Project Officer will primarily be responsible for engaging with CMY alumni to determine their vision and objectives of an alumni initiative as well as develop a terms of reference outlining the role, structure and activities of the initiative.
The Project Officer will be a CMY alumnus, who has previously participated in CMY programs or is currently a long term (a minimum of 2 years) participant in CMY programs. The Project Officer will work with the Youth Leadership Team Leader and staff to collaborate and develop the CMY Alumni Initiative. The position will sit within the Youth Leadership team, in line with CMY’s strategic goal to build the capacity of young people to become influential in Australian society, but will collaborate across program areas with other teams throughout the delivery of the project. The Project Officer will contribute to CMY’s objectives of connecting young people with community and building life skills.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous or current experience (a minimum of 2 years) of participating in CMY programs including youth leadership training and youth-led projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated experiencing in recruiting and engaging young people
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience in facilitating and collaborating with young people from various backgrounds
- An understanding of and sensitivity to issues facing young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds
- Strong organisational and written skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with a diverse range of people from various sectors and backgrounds
For further information and a detailed position description, click here CMY108 PD Project Officer - Alumni Initiative_Dec2017.pdf
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Please email applications including a current resume, a cover letter and a statement demonstrating how you meet each of the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description to email@example.com by midday 12:00 pm, Wednesday 10 January 2018 using the subject line: Project Officer – Alumni Initiative CMY108.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.