We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In-line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
CMY is Job Seeker's 'Organisation of the Month'!
READ MORE about what makes CMY a great place to work.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
Team Leader – Gippsland (CMY16)
- Base salary of $73,724 - $77,123 (pro rata) SCHADS Level 6
- Maternity leave position
- 4 days per week, fixed term from 2 January 2018 to 31 January 2019
- Salary Packaging which provides up to $15,900 tax free + 9.5% superannuation
- Generous entitlements including cultural leave options and flexible work arrangements.
- Located at CMY Morwell Office (does include travel to Melbourne and other CMY offices)
Work in a highly rewarding, dynamic environment making a real difference in the lives of young people.
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a leading independent organisation that helps migrant and refugee young people build positive lives in Australia. By focusing on young people’s strengths we are able to develop stronger communities, support other service providers and influence decision makers at local, state and national levels.
Reporting to the Youth Support Manager, the Team Leader Gippsland is responsible for implementing strategic coordination in Gippsland to promote migrant and refugee young people’s participation. The Team Leader will provide strategic leadership and support for regional networks and projects as well as providing key support and supervision for other CMY Gippsland staff, assisting them to prioritise and undertake their work with young people, families and community.The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in the social sciences, community development or other appropriate discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the community sector and in working with migrant and refugee communities.
- Sound understanding of the issues affecting young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing needs within migrant and refugee communities and a sound understanding of community development and youth participation/ethical youth work practices.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and staff support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated success in managing stakeholders with an ability to motivate, influence and collaborate as a partner.
For further information and a detailed position description, click PD CMY16 Team Leader Gippsland_Oct2017.pdf
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Please email applications including a brief cover letter, current resume, and a statement specifically addressing each of the key selection criteria (outlined in the position description) to email@example.com by midday 12:00 pm Friday 10 November 2017 using the subject line: Team Leader - Gippsland CMY16.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.